Here's what is being said about John Dechant's Scoreless.
“John Dechant’s great feel for his subject brings to life an innocent age of high school football and dusts off one of that sport’s most brilliant gems. One of the game’s all-time greats and a never-to-be-forgotten contest make for a delightful read.”—Jonathan Rand, author of Fields of Honor: The Pat Tillman Story
“John Dechant’s Scoreless is peerless among sports books focused on a particular game or season. Scoreless digs deep and reads fast, busting all the right moves, jukes and shakes, reminiscent of a glorious Gale Sayers dash to pay dirt.”—Mike Towle, author of I Remember Walter Payton and Pat Tillman: I’ve Got Things to Do in My Life.
"Just wow."--Mike'l Severe, host of The Bottom Line on Omaha.com.
"Scoreless can fill volumes." --Stu Pospisil, columnist, Omaha World-Herald.
"Dechant's narrative will undoubtedly evoke strong feelings of nostalgia." -- Paul Putz, contributor, Sports in American History.
Upcoming Author Events
- October 8 (Sat.), 1 p.m. (book signing at the Bookworm in Omaha, 2501 S. 90th St.)
- October 20 (Thurs.), 4:30 p.m. (Joslyn Castle Literary Festival, Omaha, 3902 Davenport St.)
- "'Scoreless' -- Native Kansan's book about Omaha high school game can fill volumes." Review in the Omaha World-Herald, published September 18, 2016, by Stu Pospisil.
- "A Remarkable small-world moment." Column in the Omaha World-Herald, published December 17, 2016, by Michael Kelly.
- "Review of Scoreless: Omaha Central, Creighton Prep, and Nebraska's Greatest High School Football Game." Review from Sports in American History, published January 22, 2017, by Paul Putz.
- Read a September 2016 post by John Dechant on the University of Nebraska Press blog.
- Radio interview on The Bottom Line on Omaha.com. Listen to segment at 35:30.